Saturday, March 27, 2010

life lessons

I'm going to employ one of the simplest forms of communication - the list - to talk about life in recent days. I need simple right now. :)

so, I'm learning that:

I can wear bright colors like yellow and orange. this realization brings me great happiness.

it's okay that I've struggled with letting go of the hope of a relationship with a certain someone, but there is a time to move on - and that time is now.

we need one another. I discover who I am in the context of relationship.

I'm broken (even more so than I had previously realized!) and need a savior.

I like the taste of [some] beer. yep, ladies and gents: you read it here. :)

it's fun to experiment with fashion. I've never been one to care much about such things but am starting to have a lot of fun in being creative with what I wear.

bluegrass music makes me ridiculously happy. <3

it's very, very difficult to maintain friendships when separated by many miles. possible, yes, but difficult nonetheless.

moderation is key! - and discovering what 'moderation' is in various situations can be challenging.

it's important to persevere in moments - or days - or situations of discomfort. difficulty or awkwardness aren't so bad, really, and it's in these places that we discover the strength beneath the surface.

French film, food, and people are inspiring. who doesn't want a life filled to the brim with passion (plus fruit, cheese, bread, and wine)? ;)

and hope is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Alyssa Gaalema said...

You couldn't have spoken better truth than your quote: "You know yourself in the context of relationships." I have had the joy and privilege of watching my identity be revealed to me as I live and work in a new environment and culture and interact with people I wouldn't in Texas.
Since we like to count Texas as it's own country, it could be said that youre in a new culture as well (East Coast people? :0P )
I pray that you will have many more yellow-wearing days and God-inspired revelations about who you are in Him.
Love from Grenada