Wednesday, June 9, 2010

gettin' out of town.

I spent today miles & miles away at Stow Acres Country Club for a work-related fundraiser. When I wasn't honed in on Hole #4 - I'd been assigned the task of witnessing at the hole, since a hole-in-one made the lucky golfer eligible for a hefty cash prize - I read a little of this book, shared good conversation with great people, enjoyed the sunshine and ubiquitous green, and drove a golf cart without causing serious injury to myself or my passengers. Overall, I'd call the day a success. =)

and now, I'm drinkin' tea and being quiet and listening to mellow Jesus music. In all honesty, I need to hear and know the gospel - the good news - tonight, 'cause I feel like I've forgotten it - or, at the very least, that it applies to this weary saint.

grateful for generous friends, Subway sandwiches (for lazy nights), and new mercies that'll greet me in the morning.

No comments: