Monday, June 14, 2010

speaking truth

I've found that a huge part of this exercise of posting daily is one of perseverance, persistence, pressing on when I'd rather sit down and shut up and let other people do the talking. That still sounds preferable, if I'm honest, but there's this thing: I'm gettin' bored with timidity. There's too much to be said - too many wonderful things and people and ideas in this world to discuss, to praise, to question - to be overly concerned with something so silly as what might she think? what might he say? what if what if what if?

I've been in that place, friends - so, so many times. I've said things that I think will make other people like me more, and I've kept my mouth shut in order to preserve some impression or image. Quickest way to a confused & conflicted heart, if you ask me.

Let's learn to walk a path of honesty. Let's speak the truth to one another in love. What might God do in our midst?

and because it has been too long and because life is just so good every day:
0101. rainstorms rolling in
0102. mint water, mint tea, mint gum.
0103. our funny Starbucks barista
0104. a safe place to sleep
0105. my MOM'S coming to BOSTON. on FRIDAY!
0106. answered prayer
0107. forgiveness
0108. sweet, pregnant Adrienne
0109. a week's worth of vacaaation
0110. a quiet walk home

just.

so.

good.

No comments: