Monday, August 30, 2010

beauty!

This day was strangely beautiful.

Amidst hauntingly-true stories of police brutality and treasure lost and found and lost again, I glimpsed goodness and grace. Each time it happens, I'm caught off guard - surely beauty wouldn't be here, so quiet and unassuming? But there it is, and it's all shiny and stand-out next to the dirt of daily life.

It's always the littlest thing - a song that speaks truth, a friend's comment, sunshine streaming through the windows just so. We couldn't plan for these moments, these quiet whispers of Love, if we wanted to - and maybe, probably, that's much of what infuses them with beauty. Each soft surprise reminds us that, though there's much that we don't yet understand, we've been born into a world so magnificent and joyful - and, yes, painful - and have not been left to fend for ourselves.

Where is beauty surprising you?


1 comment:

Liz Pasch said...

I live in Minnesota and enjoy country living, at its best. Sometimes I find myself indoors too much, forgetting what is on the other side of the window...all this grand creation that is better than I deserve.

I found your blog on Don Miller's site. I enjoyed reading your post and like your style. Looking for more writers' to network with? I am. Hope you don't mind me stopping by.

Liz Pasch : )
Northfield, MN